United States Map
You may click on map to enlarge it.
The State of Tennessee is marked in red.
United States Map
Here is another United States map. As you can see, Tennessee is bordered by eight states. Here are the abbreviations for Tennessee and the surrounding states as used in this map:
TN - Tennessee
KY - Kentucky
VA - Virginia
NC - North Carolina
GA - Georgia
AL - Alabama
MS - Mississippi
AR - Arkansas
MO - Missouri
This is a map showing Red Boiling Springs in relation to Nashville, Tennessee and southern Kentucky. The map is courtesy of www.mapquest.com.
You may click on the map to enlarge it. Red Boiling Springs in where the red star is, about 12 miles east of Lafayette, Tennessee.
Numbers in red are approximate driving distances in miles between two red dots.
Driving directions from Interstate 65
1. Take exit 117 (Orlinda/Portland) and head east. (This is a right turn if you were going north on the Interstate; it is a left turn if you were going south on the Interstate.)
Here are some landmarks you will pass on your trip to Red Boiling Springs. Mileages shown are approximate mileages from Interstate 65.
Cross U.S. 31-W at a 4-way stop sign. (1 mile)
Cross TN 109 at a stop light in Portland. (5 miles)
Cross the CSX railroad on a bridge in Portland. (5.1 miles)
Cross U.S. 31-E in Westmoreland. (21 miles)
Pass a Wal-Mart on your right in Lafayette. (33 miles)
Cross TN 10 at a 4-way stop in Lafayette. (33.1 miles)
Pass the intersection on TN 262 on your right.
Enter Red Boiling Springs. (City limits sign on your right.) (45 miles)
Be on the lookout for a white sign that says "Historic Hotels" and an arrow that points ahead and then to the left.
2. Turn left on TN 56. You will be traveling on TN 56 for about 1 mile. It will start out relatively flat, and then you will go down a steep grade.
3. At the bottom of the grade, there is a flashing yellow light. (There's a CITGO station on the left at the corner.) Turn right at that light onto TN 151 (Main Street). This is where the three historic hotels are.
Directions from Interstate 40
It is approximately 30 miles from I-40 to Red Boiling Springs.
1. Take exit 258 (Carthage) and go north on TN 53. (This is a left turn if you were going eastbound on I-40; it is a right turn if you were going westbound on I-40.)
2. TN 53 becomes TN 25 after you cross U.S. 70-N.
3. TN 25 makes a sharp curve to the left as you pass Carthage.
4. Turn right on TN 80.
5. TN 80 becomes TN 56.
6. Cross TN 52. You will continue traveling on TN 56 for about 1 mile. It will start out relatively flat, and then you will go down a steep grade.
7. At the bottom of the grade, there is a flashing yellow light. (There's a CITGO station on the left at the corner.) Turn right at that light onto TN 151 (Main Street). This is where the three historic hotels are.
Detail of Red Boiling Springs
The three historic hotels in the map are (left to right) Armours, Donoho, Thomas House. (If you are looking for the two covered bridges in downtown Red Boiling Springs, there is a small park across TN151 from the Armour's Hotel. The bridges are right beside the park.)